Watermelon and Jicama Salad
This refreshing, summertime salad pairs perfectly with a glass of Pomelo Rosé.
- 1 red onion, finely minced
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1/2 medium sized watermelon, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 jicama, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbls cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
Place the finely minced red onions in a bowl with zest and juice of 2 limes. Let sit at room temperature for a few minutes before using.
Once watermelon and jicama are cubed, place them into a large bowl and pour the red onions and lime juice over them, tossing gently to coat.
Sprinkle in the mint, cilantro, paprika, chili powder, and salt, and mix together gently.
Portion salad into serving bowls and sprinkle cotija cheese on top to finish.
Cotija cheese can be found in Mexican markets and specialty food stores. Feta would be an acceptable alternative.