Panko Chicken Salad with Sauvignon Blanc Vinaigrette
Create this incredible Panko Chicken Salad with a Pomelo Sauvignon Blanc Vinaigrette!
Recipe serves 4.
- 3-4 cups arugula, baby spinach and/or baby kale
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered, depending on size
- 6 oz parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 1 cup all purpose flour or gluten free flour blend
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs or gluten free Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove chicken from the fridge and pat dry with paper towels.
Set up your dredging station for the chicken – in three separate bowls, whisk 1 tsp of salt into the flour, whisk the eggs until well combined, and stir together the grated parmesan and panko bread crumbs
Bread the chicken by dipping each piece in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Place aside on parchment paper.
Heat 2-3 tbsp olive oil in a medium fry pan over medium high heat. Working in batches, fry chicken until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Place chicken on a sheet pan lined with a wire rack and finish in the oven, about 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
While the chicken finishes cooking, make the dressing. In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine wine, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and sugar. While whisking vigorously, stream in the olive oil.
Remove chicken from the oven. Let rest 5-10 minutes, and then slice into strips.
Assemble salad with greens, onions, tomato, sliced chicken and parmesan. Top with dressing.
Enjoy with a glass of Pomelo Sauvignon Blanc!