Grilled Salmon with Thai Curry Sauce
Create this delicious recipe for dinner this evening. Pair it with a glass of Pomelo Rosé.
- 4 Salmon filets, 6-ounce portions, skin on or off
- 2 Thai coconut milk, 13 1/2 ounce cans
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste, or more to taste
- 3 red bell peppers, roasted and peeled, roughly chopped OR 1 can of roasted red peppers
- 2 red bell peppers, raw, roughly chopped
- 1 Lemongrass stalk, smashed flat to release juices
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves, crushed (can substitute zest from 1 lime)
- 3 mint sprigs
- 3 cilantro sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbls fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbls fish sauce
- 2 tbls brown sugar
- 2 tbls soy sauce or Tamari
Making the curry:
Combine coconut milk, red curry paste, roasted and raw bell peppers, lemongrass, kaffir lime, mint, cilantro, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, brown sugar, and soy sauce in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
Lower heat and simmer for 1 hour.
Let cool slightly, transfer to a blender, and blend until smooth.
Pass sauce through a fine mesh strainer.
Place strained curry sauce back in the saucepan and back on stove to keep warm until ready to use.
Cooking the Salmon:
Preheat grill to medium heat. While grill is heating, season salmon filets with salt and pepper.
Lightly oil the grill with olive oil.
Place salmon on preheated grill and cool for 6-8 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.