Farro, Summer Corn, Sweet 100 Tomatoes, and Lemon Salad
Create this delicious salad with fresh corn and ripe delicious tomatoes. Pair this dish with a glass of Pomelo Sauvignon Blanc.
- 1 1/2 cup farro
- 2 lemons- zested and juiced, finely chopped
- 1/4 tbls salt
- 2 tbls. champagne vinegar or unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbls good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup english cucumber- seeds removed, diced into small pieces
- 1 cup fresh white corn, uncooked, off the cob
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbls fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbls Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup sweet 100 tomatoes split in half vertically (Sungolds, or other small & flavorful tomato will also work well)
Cook farro to package recommendations, usually about 20 minutes. Once cooked, transfer farro to a large stainless steel, or other non-reactive bowl.*You can substitute the farro with any small pasta: acini di pepe, orzo, couscous, etc.
Whisk together – lemon juice, zest, champagne vinegar, olive oil, and salt, and then mix into bowl of cooked faro.
Add diced cucumbers, red onion, corn, garlic, mint, and parsley to farro mixture.
Softly fold split tomatoes into the mixture.
Adjust seasoning to taste, adding more salt, lemon juice, or vinegar as needed.
Chef Notes: For this salad to really have that fresh pop! You need great tasting corn and ripe delicious tomatoes, so be sure to find them in peak season.